Saturday, December 16, 2023, 10:30am – 12:00pm
Decorate your own Gingerbread House at our Gingerbread House Workshop!
For ages 5 and up.
Children 11 and under must have an adult helper with them at all times.
Seating is limited.
Registration is required.
Registration opens on December 1st. Check this page for the registration form.
Our library system switch-over has been completed and using our library catalog to search for your next great read just got that much easier! You can now see book covers and get a description of the book to help you pick out your next reads without even having to pull a book off the shelf.
We are very excited to bring to you this new catalog which will make your digital interaction with the library that much more enjoyable, but before you can log-in to your account, you will need to call us to get your password set-up.
With the system switch, there will be some things for you to be prepared for upon your next visit. Your next visit to the library, we will have to update and verify your account and we will have to reset your password for your account so you can log into your account from the catalog in the future.
Do you have your library card? Do you have one of these devices?
- iOS App
- iPod touch® Android App
- Android™ Phones
- Android™ Devices NOOK App
- NOOK™ Tablets PC/Mac App
- Windows™ / Mac OS X
- NOOK™ eReader (and some older NOOK tablets)
- Kobo™ eReader Kindle Fire App
- Kindle Fire*
- Kindle Fire HD
- Kindle Fire HDX
Then you can download the app and use our E-books!
Would you like to read some classic books? Check out the Gutenberg Project for a large selection of classics and forgotten books that you can read for free!
For a collection of books for kids, teens, and more, check out Tumble books.
Did you forget the last cool activity at the library? Do you hate missing library events?
We will notify you of upcoming events by text message!
Call 918-225-4188 and ask to be put on our event list.
Friends of the Cushing Public Library, Inc:
The Friends of the Cushing Public Library, Inc. is a non-profit 501 (c) (3) organization established in October 2010 whose purpose is to support and promote the Cushing Public Library.
The Friends help the Library in numerous ways and have made possible many well loved Library programs and events.
Welcome to the Cushing Library’s 1,000 Books before Kindergarten program!
Did you know that reading to your child is one of the most powerful ways to boost his or her brain power? The simple and enjoyable act of sharing books helps your child learn pre-reading skills such as understanding the sounds letters make, developing a bigger vocabulary, and building background knowledge– all important skills that help prepare your child for learning to read and entering kindergarten.
The Cushing Library’s 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten program is a fun, exciting, and free way to start your child on the path to success! Any child ages birth to 5 years can participate. Just follow these steps:
- Register: Sign up at the Cushing Library
- Track your Reading: Write down each book you read with your child in a lined notebook or keep track on your phone with the Apple or Android app.
- Every Book Counts: Even if your child wants to hear the same book again and again, you can count it each time. You can also count the books your child hears in story time, in daycare or preschool, or with a friend or family member, as long as your child listens to the entire book.
- 100- Book Milestones: Each time you read 100 books, celebrate! make your own and take a picture of your child with it to tell your friends and family your child’s progress! Share the pictures on Instagram and be sure to tag us @cushinglibrary or post it on your Facebook* or Twitter* and talk about what you and your child are doing. Don’t forget to email your picture to us at email@example.com with their name if you don’t tag us on Instagram so we can share your child’s achievement on our website.
- 1,000 Books: You did it! Print out your certificate and take a picture to share on your social media to tell the world about your child’s accomplishments. Come celebrate at the library and see your child’s name placed on the 1,000 Book Wall of Fame.
- Keep on Reading: Don’t stop at 1,000! Keep on reading together; there’s more learning ahead!
Singing songs, saying rhymes, telling stories, and playing with your child are all great ways to build their literacy skills. Visit the Cushing Library often for free programs that are fun and educational for your little one and to find great books to share with your child.
One thousand books may seem like a lot, but if you read just one book a night, you’ll meet your goal in less than 3 years. If you read three books a night, you could reach your goal in just one year! Visit the Cushing Library for a wide selection of books to check out to help you on your journey to 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten!
The Cushing Public Library has no Facebook or Twitter account as of this time.